Turnitin API & Integration Plans
The Turnitin team works continuously to improve our service as provided through integrations with learning solutions. To this end, we are working on a variety of product initiatives and development efforts. A summary of our current plans is below. If you have any questions, you can contact your Turnitin partner or sales representative, or the Turnitin Integrations Team for more details.
Turnitin API & Toolsets: Out with the Old and In with the New!
Turnitin is working on a Roadmap to retire the legacy Turnitin API, made available in 2004. In its place, a variety of new toolsets for integrations will be made available, including SDKs and new APIs.
Turnitin will terminate support for the Turnitin legacy API no earlier than Q4 2015.
If you own or manage an existing integration with Turnitin and/or have questions, please contact your partner or sales representative. You may also send an email to the Turnitin Integrations Team. The Turnitin team will work with you closely to ensure there is no disruption of service to you or your customers.
Impacts to Integrations Developed by the Turnitin Team
- Moodle Please visit our Moodle Roadmap to view our plans.
- Blackboard Please visit our Blackboard Roadmap to view our plans.
- ANGEL Angel is LTI compliant, and can support Turnitin as a LTI tool provider. All Angel users can now begin using Turnitin via LTI. Turnitin will work with Angel users to make the switch to LTI no earlier than Q1 of 2015.
- Blackboard CE/Vista (formally WebCT) Via Blackboard's Powerlinks, WebCT supports LTI as a tool consumer. All WebCT users can now begin using Turnitin via LTI. Turnitin will work with WebCT users to make the switch to LTI no earlier than Q1 of 2015.
- Sakai Sakai is another LMS that is LTI compliant. Sakai consumers can now incorporate Turnitin into Sakai as a tool. The Turnitin team will also work with the Sakai development community to support updates to existing integrations via porting to the new Turnitin Java SDK.